Terms and Conditions
In addition to the general terms and conditions applied by Maitland Ticketing the following will also apply for any tickets purchased to Hunter Valley Steamfest:
Hunter Valley Steamfest
Responsible Organisation: Tickets are sold by Maitland Ticketing on behalf of Hunter Valley Steamfest and are subject to the conditions applicable to the event. All correspondence in regard to the event should be in writing and addressed to:
Hunter Valley Steamfest
PO Box 220
ABN: 11 596 310 805
Return: Tickets may not be exchanged, refunded or returned after purchase.
Variation of Program: The right is reserved to vary the advertised program and to add, withdraw or substitute locomotives,carriages and facilities provided as necessary. Patrons are purchasing a rail journey only and no offer of added benefit is made or warranted except as here detailed.
Terms of Admission: Hunter Valley Steamfest reserves the right to refuse admission and in such event, the patron will oblige by all and any refund or cancellation policy applicable.
Delay: The right is reserved to vary the advertised program time(s) as necessary. Refunds will not be issued as a result of a delay. If a scheduled departure time is varied by more than 120 minutes, or a delay of one Steamfest service results in a passenger missing a connecting or subsequent Steamfest service through no fault of their own, Hunter Valley Steamfest will attempt to offer an equivalent alternative journey or offer a refund to the value of the ticket purchase price only. Refunds will be processed as soon as possible after the notification of cancellation of the journey in accordance with the refund policy.
Cancellation: In the event of a cancellation of any journey or activity for whatever reason, Hunter Valley Steamfest will attempt to offer an equivalent alternative journey or offer a refund to the value of the ticket purchase price only. Refunds will be processed as soon as possible after the notification of cancellation of the journey in accordance with the refund policy.
House Rules - Arrival Time: Patrons are advised to confirm the timing of all train rides prior to the event and notwithstanding, to allow 30 minutes before the scheduled departure time for boarding and last minute timetable alterations. Refunds will not be issues in the event of late arrival.
House Rules - General: Patrons must adhere to all rules and regulations by NSW Train link, Transport Heritage NSW, and/or the Rail Motor Society while on board the trains and railway station platforms. Patrons must also adhere to instructions given by authorised Hunter Valley Steamfest personnel including official volunteers.
Event Participation: Ticket holders participate in the train journeys at their own risk.
- Ticketsfor Steamfest train rides are numbered seating allocation.
- Allpersons taking a seat must have a ticket. Babies (up to 24 months of ageapprox) who will be held on a lap need not have a ticket, all others must bepaid for.
- Under5 tickets are for children 0 to 4 years old inclusive and occupying a seat.
- Childtickets are for 5 to 17 years old inclusive.
- Allchildren must be accompanied on the trains by a responsible adult.
- Concessiontickets are for Aged Pensioners, Seniors Children Under 17, Government Pension(including people with a disability) and Companion Card holders only.
- All of the Branxton, Paterson, Port Waratah Coal Run and The Great Train Race excursions are return tickets, Newcastle excursions are sold as one way tickets.